Frequently Asked Questions TEOST™ | Thermo-oxidation Engine Oil Simulation Test
- Lab balance accurate down to 0.0001 g
- Vacuum pump or house vacuum
- >1,000 ml Erlenmeyer flask for vacuum
- Magnetic stirrer
- Certified flow meter
- Apparatus for holding supplied filtering flask
TEOST 33C test requirements
- Clean, dry air source and nitrous oxide controlled at 3.5mL/min. Recommend using Tannas Mass Flow Controller Assembly-33C/Dual, P/N 500990.
- Graduated cylinders: 200 ml and 10 ml
- If purchasing one of the two Tannas Mass Flow Controllers (P/N 500990 or 500995), tubing
suitable for use with ¼” Swagelok fittings is needed.
TEOST MHT test requirements
- Clean, dry air source controlled to 10ml/min. For operating the MHT only model, it is recommended to use the Tannas
Mass Flow Assembly-MHT, P/N 500995.
- If purchasing one of the two Tannas Mass Flow Controllers (P/N 500990 or
500995), tubing suitable for use with ¼” Swagelok fittings is needed.
* If purchasing a TEOST Dual unit, the Mass Flow Controller Assembly 33C/Dual (part number 500990) is suitable for running both above mentioned TEOST tests.
Regardless of the TEOST test method being performed:
all the controller settings found in your Operations Manual.
- Check the Thermocouple offset on a known heat
source at 285˚C or as close to 285˚C as possible.
- The Thermocouple may be drifting. Replace the
- Perform a Pump Speed Calibration.
- Perform a Thermocouple Depth Calibration.
- Make sure the reference oils or catalyst have
If your question isn't answered here, our trained technicians and Instrument Engineers are ready to respond. Send your question or service request via our Service & Training Request Form by clicking the button below:
Technical Service Inquires
If you would like to speak to our Technical Service team, please call or email us using the contact information below.
We are committed to responding to all requests within one business day, during normal hours of operation, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time.