Mission and Values
The Savant Group of companies now enjoys its second generation of family ownership. The organization began in 1969 by Theodore W. Selby as a materials consulting firm with an emphasis on lubrication.
In 1973, in response to the growing need for independent laboratoryfacilities to complement his consulting activities, Mr. Selby opened a small, limited laboratory for the testing and evaluation of lubricants, particularly as they relate to the transportation industry.
Through the intervening years, the laboratory grew to become a model laboratory for the industry, renowned for its ability to develop ways to meet unique client requests, and for its commitment to quality data and timeliness of reporting.
Consequently, several test methods, as well as unique instrumentation, have been developed in Savant Laboratories and those now represent accepted standards of the industry.
Our Core Values
- To be wise servants for our customers, our company and each other.
- To act with professionalism, respect, and integrity in everything we do.
- To commit ourselves to infusing quality and continuous improvement into our products and services.
- To actively engage in ongoing pursuit of knowledge and personal growth.
- To listen, question and respond with intelligent action.
- To commit ourselves to the consistent discipline of hard work.
- To function as a cohesive group, focused on our mission, in order to enable continued growth.
Our Quality Policy
“The people of the Savant Group pledge to produce products and provide services that meet or exceed our customers’ requirements in every respect. We commit ourselves to quality as businesses and as individuals.
We dedicate ourselves to serving our customers, large and small — listening carefully to their concerns and needs — responding with intelligent action — transforming their concerns into satisfaction and their needs into mutual opportunities.
As individuals, we will strive for continuous improvement for the growth of the companies of which we are a part, benefiting our customers, industry and our coworkers.”
– Theodore W. Selby, Founder