Frequently Asked Questions TFAB™ | Tannas Foam Air Bath
of the TFAB are 25” (W) x 24” (L) x 21” (H) | (88.5 x 85 x 74 cm).
V Plug and Receptacle that suits your facility.
220 V plug and Receptacle for chiller (if purchased).
or 20 Amp dedicated circuit is acceptable.
clean air with a hose that fits a ¼ inch hose barb on the instrument.
pressure set for up to 10 PSI.
- A 4
ft long hose is supplied with the TFAB for connection to a water source and
drain via a ½ inch hose tubing connection.
for pre-heating samples at 45°C if desired.
cleaning solvents, such as Cyclohexane and VarClean (VarClean is available from Tannas.)
using Option A blending of ASTM D892 or D6082, use of a Waring high speed
blender is required.
The following steps are suggested by Tannas Co. to efficiently run the TFAB with up to (6) test samples. For maximum efficiency, a second set of Glass Cylinders is needed.
- Perform this step if you test Sequence IV, otherwise proceed to Step 2.
--> Fill a set of Glass Cylinders to the designated level and perform Sequence IV at 150°C - dispose of the oil samples after the test.
- Fill a set of Glass Cylinders (or the same Glass Cylinders as used in Sequence IV if rinsed & cleaned) to the designated level and perform Sequence II at 93.5°C +/- 0.5°C, then,
--> NOTE: If using the same set of Glass Cylinders as in Sequence IV, the Glass Cylinders can be rinsed and cleaned while the bath is being cooled from 150˚C to 93.5˚C.
- Remove the Glass Cylinders containing the test samples from the Carousel following
the Sequence II test and cool them to room temperature in a secondary Carousel
or cooling rack. Insert an independent Thermocouple in one of the test samples
to monitor the temperature.
- While cooling the bath to 24°C, fill a second set of Glass Cylinders of the
same test samples and perform Sequence I at 24˚C. Dispose of the samples after
- Once the temperature of the Sequence II test samples reach 24˚C, remove the independent Thermocouple and run Sequence III on these same test sample with the bath already at 24°C.
If your question isn't answered here, our trained technicians and Instrument Engineers are ready to respond. Send your question or service request via our Service & Training Request Form by clicking the button below:
Technical Service Inquires
If you would like to speak to our Technical Service team, please call or email us using the contact information below.
We are committed to responding to all requests within one business day, during normal hours of operation, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time.